FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. For what purposes are Myra Foundation grants awarded?
For charitable, character-building and educational purposes in Grand Forks County, ND.
2. What groups or organizations are eligible to receive Myra Foundation grants?
To be eligible, the applicant must be a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization (not a private foundation as defined under 509(a)).
3. Does the Myra Foundation limit its grant awards to a specific geographic region?
Due to demand and limited resources, all awards are confined to the boundaries and benefits of Grand Forks County, including the City of Grand Forks.
4. When are grant applications due in any calendar year?
All applications must be received by the Foundation on or before November 1 of each year.
5. When are grants typically awarded?
All awards are typically determined by mid-December of the calendar year.
6. If approved for a grant when might our organization expect to receive funding?
Normally funding will be received in late December.
7. Can application be made for multi-year grants?
No. The Myra bylaws specifically prohibit multi-year commitments.
8. What is the typical size grant awarded by the Foundation?
Typically, the awards range between $1,000 and $10,000, however, there are no set parameters.
9. Are there any reporting requirements associated with the receipt of a grant?
Yes. All recipients are required to file a final report documenting expenditure of the funds in accordance with the stated request. The final reports are due no later than October 1 of the following year.
10. How do I apply online?
11. How do I apply by completing the questions and mailing in the application?
12. If I've applied to the Myra Foundation in prior years, do I register as a new user?
Yes. The on-line application system registration process will be needed for every new applicant. When you log into the system after the first time, there's no need to complete the organizational information again. If you've used this system in 2020, your organization information is already registered.
13. Who should I contact with questions about the application process?